skip to main content

Did you miss out on your high school diploma because of HSPE exams?

about 1 year ago

Retroactive high school diplomas can now be requested for Nevada students who were denied a diploma because of one or more failed High School Proficiency Exams (HSPE)!

Graduation Ceremony

Up until this past school year, HSPE assessments in reading, writing, math and science were required for graduation from a Nevada high school.  New legislation has done away with HSPE requirements for graduation, and therefore, any student who was denied a high school diploma in the past due to failed HSPE exams can now request a diploma from the high school they attended.

To start your process please contact your former high school:

Dayton High School - (775) 246-6240

Fernley High School (775) 575-3400

Silver Stage High School (775) 577-5071

Smith Valley Schools (775) 465-2332

Yerington High School (775) 463-6822

In order to receive a retroactive diploma the student must have fulfilled all credits to be considered a graduate and the only barrier to a high school diploma was one or more failed HSPE exams.